Monday, October 26, 2009

Settled In

Hello Again (finally!)

Well, we have moved and are pretty much settled in our new home.

We are absolutely loving the new lifestyle out here in the bush. There is always something new to see out here, including the biggest goanna I have ever seen!!
The photo doesn't do him justice, he was HUGE !!! Being a reptile lover, I was thrilled to have him wandering through my place.


Grafton Artsfest was a great success! We had a lovely class of six and the creativity was certainly flowing. Great to see some friends of previous years as well as some new-comers. We had such a good time, as always, and shared a lot of laughs, ideas and chocolate!!

The student exhibition drew a lot of attention our way, with visitors very impressed at the quality of work produced. Returning student, Tracy, again worked her magic on the computer and made us very classy name cards for our display. Thanks Tracy!!

To top it off, a photograph of myself and our only male student, Richard, appeared in the Grafton local paper a couple of days later. I have some photos of our workshop and the finished work, but they need a bit of cropping and resizing so I will get them posted as soon as I can.

Enrolments are being accepted for next year, with the class almost half booked out already, so if you are interested in attending Artsfest in 2010, visit their website or shoot me an email for more information.

Back to the home front and the work will begin soon on the new studio. It is quite a task, but I am hoping to be ready for classes in February 2010. I will certainly keep you posted on the progress once we start. In the meantime, if you are interested in learning to make sterling silver jewellery or would like more information on the type of workshops that will be running, just email me and I'll give you any information you require. Don't forget, you can also subscribe to this blog so you will be up to date with what's happening.

Will have more pics posted soon. Thanks for stopping by.....

No comments: